Pensioners and Veterans
If you are a Pensioner or Veteran you may be eligible for free hearing services and hearing aids under the Australian Government's Office of Hearing Services Program (OHS). All you need to do is contact us and we can confirm your eligibility and get the process started for you. For existing OHS clients who are renewing or continuing their hearing services, and want to receive services from Melbourne Audiology Centre simply contact us and we can arrange the rest.
You are eligible for a hearing services voucher if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident 21 years or older, and you hold either a:
- Pensioner Concession Card Holder;
- receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink;
- the holder of a Gold Repatriation Health Card issued for all conditions;
- the holder of a White Repatriation Health Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss;
- a dependent of a person in one of the above categories;
- a member of the Australian Defence Force; or
- part of the Australian Government funded Disability Employment Services (DES) - Disability Management Service and you are referred by your Disability Employment Services case manager.
In addition, National Disability Insurance Scheme participants may access hearing services through the program if referred for services by their Disability Care Australia Planner.
Melbourne Audiology Centre and all of our audiologists are accredited to provide services and hearing products under the Australian Government's Office of Hearing Services Program (OHS).